Federal Postcard Application (FPCA)
Who can use the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) and why?
- Active duty military, spouses, and dependents (voting from outside the home Texas county)
- U. S. Citizens (nonmilitary) temporarily overseas* away from the home Victoria county
- U. S. Citizens (nonmilitary) permanently overseas* away from the (previous) home Victoria county
* Federal law defines “overseas” as anywhere outside the United States.
What does the FPCA form do?
- Registers you onto the permanent voter rolls 30 days after receipt by the county (unless voter marks indefinitely away / do not intend to return)
- Functions as an application for ballot by mail and gives you temporary registration status for certain offices
- If voter marks indefinitely away (older form) / do not intend to return (newer form), the voter receives a federal ballot only
When is the FPCA deadline?
- Deadline is the 11th day before Election Day (earlier is recommended
- Last day to apply for FPCA for the
- The first day to file FPCA is January 1.
Note: An FPCA for a January or February election may be filed earlier, but not earlier than the 60th day before the date of the January or February election.
Where do you send the FPCA?
Victoria County Elections Administration
2805 N Navarro St., Suite 500
Victoria, TX 77901
Fax #: (361) 582-5940
How may you send the (completed & signed) FPCA to the clerk?
- Hard copy by mail
- Common or contract carrier
- E-mail (scanned image of the signed form)
*NOTE: If an FPCA is faxed, then the applicant must submit the original application by mail to the early voting clerk so that the early voting clerk receives the original no later than the 4th business day after receiving the faxed FPCA.
For further information regarding Federal Postcard Applications for voting by mail, click here.